Shipping & Terms
When will my order arrive if I order now?
All items are bespoke and custom-made to order. This means we do not hold any stock, we make the orders from scratch as they come in. This includes time spent cutting fabric, sewing, packing and posting. Because of this, please allow up to 5 weeks starting after the date of purchase for your order to arrive(UK). Please allow up to 7 weeks for international orders(Non-UK).
I need my order for a certain date, can I get faster shipping?
When you order, you can leave a note at checkout with the date you need your order for and we will try our best but it is not guaranteed. We are extremely busy now and cannot guarantee delivery for specific dates. We always recommend ordering as soon as possible to ensure your order will arrive well before your event - Don't leave it till the last minute!
How will my order be shipped?
If you are a UK customer your order will be shipped via:
Royal Mail Signed For™ 1st Class
Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed For™
My order hasn't arrived, what do I do?
Please read the following bullet points and confirm:
- The Delivery address you provided is correct. This cannot be altered after shipment.
- Contact friends/family/neighbours in the same residence for missing parcel.
- Check reception and communal entrances/areas if you are living in shared accommodation for missing parcel.
- You have contacted us for a Tracking Number and followed the necessary steps as stated on the shipping providers website to reclaim your mail. With tracking information, you can often arrange a re-delivery or contact the mail provider for a status update.
- Visit your local parcel sorting office. If you are not present when there is a delivery attempt, it is likely to go here for a certain amount of days before it is returned to sender. (For UK orders this will be Royal Mail, for the US this will be USPS. Other international orders will be with your standard national daily mail provider.)
Please ensure you take all of these steps before contacting us. We will only be able to follow up lost mail claims once these steps have been taken.
Something isn't right with my order?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number.
Do you accept returns?
We do not accept returns as all items are bespoke and custom-made. We do not hold any stock, all orders are tailor-made for each individual customer after they are placed therefore cannot be returned. Sale items are also non-returnable.
For any sizing questions or other general questions about purchasing please email. We will help as much as we can so you can get your order right before you purchase!
Who made my clothes? Where have they come from?
All items are ethically handmade by us in our Exeter studio. When you order from us we manage the whole process from designing fabric, cutting, sewing, packing and shipping. This is why the processing time is slightly longer than most clothing stores - as what you are getting is completely unique and exclusive to Shimmyshine!
We source all of our fabrics, equipment and supplies from local businesses to support our economy and the community.
Do you take custom orders?
We do not take custom orders due to the high volume of orders we receive on a daily basis. Everything we have available will be listed on the website to purchase.
The item I want is no longer on your website?
Please contact us with a photo of the item and we will let you know if it is restocking.
What size will I need?
We strongly advise contacting us with sizing questions, so we can help you get the perfect fit!